Wednesday 29 July 2009

1Z0-042 - Oracle Database 10g: Administration I

I wrote and passed the 1z0-042 exam today; all I need to do now is write companion exam and then I shall be officially an Oracle Database 10g Certified Associate. I must say, it's been a rough six+ months of preparation. A couple of tips if you intend to write this exam.

Certification Path
Just so you didn't know, you only become an Oracle Certified Associate upon completion of the 1z0-042 + [1z0-007|1z0-047|1z0-051]. I intend to sit for 1z0-051 (Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I) towards the end of August 2009; it's the simplest option and I really don't have to study because it's what I do on a daily basis.

In any case, I intend to become an Oracle Database: SQL Certified Expert by end of October 2009 and so naturally, I just can't run away from the 1z0-047 exam.

Recommended Study Option
Install Oracle 10g Express Edition. Download a copy here.
Download the course outline from here
Study a chapter per week (well if you work from 8AM to 7PM like me :( ).

Study Materials

Oracle University Official Study guide: Oracle 10g Administration I
Oracle Reference Manuals
OCA: Oracle 10g Administration I Study Guide (1Z0-042). Details are here

Well, if you intend to write the exam, best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment